Four people who suffered facial irritation after an ammonia leak at a Brisbane chicken factory have been taken to hospital.

Emergency crews rushed to the Ingham chicken factory at Murrarie, in Brisbane’s south-east, about 12.45am on Thursday.

The Ingham chicken factory at Murrarrie was evacuated overnight after an ammonia leak. Credit:Google Maps

By the time firefighters arrived, the building had been evacuated and staff had shut off the gas, a fire and emergency services spokesman said.

Ammonia is a health hazard because it is corrosive to the skin, eyes and lungs.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here