1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Smear 20g butter on the base of an ovenproof baking dish which is just large enough to hold 8 peach halves.
2. Halve the peaches along their natural crease and remove the stones, then trim a tiny bit off the rounded bottom of each half (so that they’re stable) and place, cut side up, in the buttered dish. Set aside for the time being.
3. Place the polenta, flour, sugars, salt and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl and whisk lightly to combine. Add the orange zest and butter, and rub together with your fingertips until the mix looks like a coarse crumble. Add the chopped almonds, mix through and squeeze the crumble a little to form small clumps.
4. Spoon the mix into the cavity of each peach half, piling it up in the centre as much as you can. Pour the orange juice around the peaches, and place in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until the peaches have softened and are a bit wrinkled at the edges.
5. Remove from oven and allow to stand for about 30 minutes – this allows the nuts to cool down and restores their crunchiness – before serving with cold pouring cream.